Friday 22 April 2011

London Book Fair

This year was a first time I was attending London Book Fair it was a good opportunity to see books from other countries and find some really interesting books and illustrators. However I was little bit disappointed with the whole fair as most of the books in children's section were looking exactly the same with very bright colors and cartoony drawings apart new talent in children's book illustration it looks like other countries had much more better selection for kinds then Britain. Unfortunately battery in my camera died quite quickly and I wasn't able to take to much photos but here are some of my picks from this year.

*****************************************
Published in Romenia very interesting and unusual version of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland illustrated by Violeta Zabulica - Diordiev and published by Cartier. One of the illustration in the book has and image of Einstein so if you are Alice lover this is the book you should have in your collection.


*******************

My next discovery is Slovakian illustrator Martina Matlovicova and her book And then it happend about kids who don't care about cleaning, higiene and all other things and something unexpected happends to them. More illustration by Martina here
**************
I'm not sure how to describe this book as I could really get a proper translation but I think I'm sure is that this book is about love. I'm also not sure if illustration are also targeted to kids or rather/only adults as there is lots of nudity in the book however at the same time is quite cute and funny. The book was published in Finland and illustrated by Tiina Pystynen you can find more of her work here


1 comment:

  1. Hi. The Alice in Wonderland book you recommended on Friday, 22 April 2011 (with illustrations by Romanian ilustrator Violeta Zabulica - Diordiev and published by Cartier), looks very interesting! Could you let me know the ISBN number? so I can look for it online?
    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete